Friday, November 13, 2015

Fluffernutter Truffles

Whew! It has been a LONG week. Thankfully, we're taking a three day weekend! But, that doesn't mean we've stopped making recipes... Today, I took some time to make some truffles for dessert. We've all got parties and such to go to during the holiday season, so I wanted something easy to whip up that people would like that I could bring without too much hassle! The Fluffernutter truffle is my answer! I love all things chocolate and peanut butter, so this was an easy one for me to get on board with.  Fluffernutter brownies are one of my favorites, so the thought of adding the marshmallow flavor was too good to pass up! The other good news is that the process is easy, and it only takes four ingredients.


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 3/4 c Creamy peanut butter
  • 1 c Powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
  • 1/2 stick softened butter
  • 4 tablespoons Smirnoff whipped Marshmallow vodka
  • melting chocolate

PROCEDURE
So first off, the measurements for the peanut butter and powdered sugar are approximate.  I would really start with a little less and then add more of whichever you need to get the consistency right.  But, mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter and vodka.  I just used my hands and squished it together like play-dough, but a mixer would be the less messy option...  You want the consistency to be like cookie dough - not too squishy, not too stiff.  If it's really squishy, add more powdered sugar, and if it's too stiff add more PB and butter (or a touch more vodka).  Roll the mixture into 1" balls and stick 'em in the fridge to help them set while you melt the chocolate according to the package directions.  Then, dip the truffles in the chocolate and set on a flat surface to harden.  I'd recommend covering said surface with aluminum foil or wax paper.  If you'd like, before the chocolate hardens, you can add festive sprinkles! 

Both dogs were VERY interested when they smelled peanut butter!
Lakeside!

Someday, I'm thinking about trying to add marshmallow fluff to this recipe...  If somebody does it, let me know!  I'd LOVE to know how it turned out.









P.S.
Don't forget to sign up for our mailing list! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment